Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pets on Quilts

Wow am I behind on posting. Life has been quite busy lately and currently we have a house guest for an indeterminate time, so I haven't had much time or access to my computer. Thankfully I almost always have my camera handy, so I do have pictures! 

 I didn't want to miss out on the Pets on Quilts so here are two for the Cats category.  I hope that  Lily Pad Quilting will be doing this again as I hope to get more pictures of more of my pets with quilts in the future. 


I just finished this small quilt for my niece, Noelani, who is 16 months old. I was trying to find a good place to take a picture of it and Oliver decided he needed to give it a final inspection. 


An earlier picture is of Delaney on my bed. The quilt was from my Grandma Nicodemus. She gave it to my Step-Dad years ago, but there is no label on it and she never told my Step-Dad anything about it. I love it's simplicity and the colors too. The picture is a little dark. I had to be quick, because Delaney is EXTREMELY shy, even of me. 

And here is Oliver on the same quilt. That boy is everywhere! :0) By the way, if anyone recognizes this pattern, I'd love to know what it's called. The entire quilt is hand stitched.


I will have better pictures of Noelani's quilt soon sans cat, amongst other things I have been wanting to post.

Thanks for stopping in! ~Amy

24 comments:

  1. LOVE the 'kids' - Delaney looks like he's telling you "just one more sec and I'm outta here'..lol. Oliver and my Marvin could be twins. Cute quilt for your niece and love the one from 'Grandma' - wish I knew what the pattern was too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful cats. Love Delaney's coloring. They both have the sweetest faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great helpers- and your quilts are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They always want to help, don't they? Great pets on quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see DSH classic tabbies, expecially in red. Great hand stitched quilt. I am in awe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noelani is beautiful as is your other Cat Delaney. Some love quilts for them to explore. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the hop.
    Regards from Western Canada,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet kitties on beautiful quilts! Hope you find the name of the one you are looking for. I'm no help with that...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oliver is quiet a ham and Delaney is beautiful! That quilt seems to ba simple pattern, two colors, one block in two colorways and twisted 4 times. Now I have a challenge on my hands. Thank you for sharing both the cats and your quilts! Noelani is a lucky little niece too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your orange cat seems to have approved of your petty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the quilt for your niece. And your cats too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pictures are wonderful especially the first which looks like Uh-Oh you caught me. I've seen that quilt pattern before, if I find a name I'll let you know, I'd like to make one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your quilts and your kitties are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am always at awe of the work our grandmother's did on their quilts.....I remember my Grandmother working on a quilt with a huge wooden frame to stretch it as she quilted.......your kitty helpers are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think Oliver is looking at you and saying "what???"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful quilts and cats.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, how sweet your purr-babies are on your pretty quilts!! Good luck, Amy! :)

    ReplyDelete