Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Counting Sheep


Every month I hope to take part in the NewFO Challenge, but I either miss it or haven't started anything new, because I'm trying to finish up all the UFO's of my various hobbies. This time I actually remembered and have something to share! It's in the early stages, but I have washed, cut and pieced most of the squares for my "Counting Sheep" quilt.  

I saw the cutest quilt at Country Quilts and Bears. It was quilted up with numbers for use as a child's quilt. As I figure I'm a child (Well, aren't we all someones children?), I would like to have one for my bed.  I simply love the colors. I will have mine quilted with something other than numbers though. I haven't figured out what yet, perhaps Sheep, or clouds, or Zzzz's,  or some such thing. I had to ask Becky (the lady who made up the patterns and kits) to make me a kit to fit a full size bed. The pattern and kits they had already made up were only  48" x 64". She had the fabric ready for me, but I only got the instructions for the smaller size. I added one row and one column of squares so far, but I am not 100% sure that is all she added. I still have quite a bit of the fabric left, so I suspect, I have not made enough squares yet.

I thought I took a picture of the sample quilt, but apparently, after searching my photos, I didn't. Here are the fabrics.

  
The sheep were irresistible.

I took a ton of pictures of the green squares, but the green always looks much darker than it really is. It's a bright, lime green (my favorite color).


 The blue is only slightly brighter than in the picture and the outer edges of the squares are a pale green that barely shows up at all.

This is where I'm at tonight. I've finished piecing the squares together and am ironing them for the next step. I will have to wait to put them together with the stripes in between until I re-calculate the size or until next Wednesday, when the lady who figured it out for me at the store is in.

 I need to go and snuggle my little buddy, Riley for a bit. He's looking rather annoyed that I stopped Ironing to come in here and post this. Well, that and having to eat dinner and move some laundry around.  He knows I'm addicted to his cute, little, bratty self.  Who could blame me? He'll have to be patient a few minutes more, since a certain speckled princess is currently barking at my knee to be let outside. 



Thanks for stopping in! ~Amy

3 comments:

  1. These are adorable. I love those sheep. And your kitty looks pretty comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sheep are adorable! and I love the colors you're using, the quilt is going to be so much fun I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete