Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Where did September go?

Holy smokes! I just looked at my last post and it was on September 1st. Today is October 1st. I went a whole month without posting anything. I've meant to post. I've had stuff to post. I've read other people's posts. The month just flew by.  I gave my niece, Noelani her quilt. I have some pictures of that to post. We went scalloping a few times, so of course, there are pictures of that. I have seven cats and two dogs, so of course I have critter pics. 

Of course, now that I actually have a few minutes to post, it's 11:30 and I need to get to bed, because October is one of our busiest months of the year at work. What do I do that could be so busy for one month in particular, you ask? Who am I kidding? Nobody reads this stuff. Well, for the few who may, for whatever, weird reason, find my life interesting enough to read about, that is, when I take the time to write about it, I work for a tent rental company. Holy moly, run-on sentence!!  I work for a small, family-owned, tent rental company. Here in Florida, the weather tends to get nice in October and then in the Spring, March and April. October and March (St. Patrick's Day!!) are our two busiest months of the year for us. Everyone and their brother has to have a festival or Octoberfest or some sort of gathering that they want a tent for in October. I'm not complaining. It's just one of those feast or famine things. All summer it's too hot to be outside, even under a tent, so we have barely enough business to pay the bills and then WHAM! It's October and there's almost more business than we can handle. It tends to get a little crazy and stressful. 

I also volunteer with Dalmatian Rescue of Tampa Bay and rescue event season is kicking off this weekend. I have an event to work both days this weekend. While I enjoy volunteering and helping out, sometimes, it can wear on you too. I won't have much time to do my crafty stuff on the weekends, so I have to try to do more at night after work. I am going to post tomorrow night with the pictures of Noelani and her quilt and maybe a few other things, if I get inspired. 

Just so there's at least one picture, here's one from last year's Jeeptoberfest. One of my other, larger hobby interests is Jeeps. I have a Cherokee that we lifted, painted bright green and refurbished the interior in a utilitarian style. This picture was taken by Bruce, from the passenger seat, as I drove through the off-road course. This was the beginning of the course. It was my first time and I had fun. My Dad was in the back seat, so I had two experienced guys to give me driving advice along the way. I hope to go again this year!

This was heading into the water near the end of the course.

Below is a better picture of my Jeep, taken at a job site.  Her name is Xtreme Green. Not only is she my off road toy and tool, but she is my Dalmatian (and any other critter) hauler. I use my Jeep for bringing dogs and equipment to our local rescue events too.
 
Barring any unforeseen distractions, I will post a proper update tomorrow after work. 

Thanks for stopping in! ~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment