Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Starting From the Heart

I love reading other people's blogs, and I love sharing my stuff, so I thought maybe I'll give this a try. Guess I'll start by telling you a little about myself.  I'm a native Floridian and live in St. Petersburg, FL.  I live in a small house that I lovingly and gladly share with my 2 dogs, 7 cats and Bruce. I am a volunteer with Dalmatian Rescue of Tampa Bay. I love all things crafty.  My main hobbies are quilting (any sewing really), cross-stitching, miniatures and knitting. I also love taking pictures, but am truly an amateur with a simple point and shoot camera. I would love to learn photography. It's on the "someday" list.... 

I think my first post will be of some of the projects I have finished this week.  Here's the recycling basket for my craft room. Riley, my newest addition (he himself is a recycled stray), wanted to model it.  It was a simple basket from the produce stand that I spray painted white and sewed the lining for. I just thought it was prettier than a box.  


This is the Stand N Stow bag  (sewing pattern from Atkinson Designs) that I made for DRTB to auction. It was simple and fun and I will definitely be making more of these ( I already bought several materials to do so).  It has semi-rigid sides, so it will stand on it's own, but is also designed to fold flat. 


Pretty neat, huh?  I also finished two quilt tops, the first one was a kit from my local quilting shop, Country Quilts and Bears.  It's a simple 9 patch with some adorable fabrics.  They offered this as a class called "Puppy Love", but it was on a weekday and I couldn't take the day off.  It was easy enough to cut and piece together.  It's now in the "waiting to be quilted" pile.  This one will be going to a professional.  



Using the same simple 9 patch pattern, I also made one to donate to the rescue.



One last item and then I need to get to my chores and crafts. This was taken to the framer yesterday and is also for donation for the rescue to auction off. 

As an afterthought, I figured I'd throw in a picture of the tiny space I use for sewing. The rooms in my home are small and this one serves as craft / cat / office space. I'm always envious of other peoples spacious and organized craft space. Now you can see why...

 

 Yes, that's it. One 4 foot folding table. And an ironing board. It works. I will admit that I do have the option of using our 6ft by 60ft cutting table at work (I work for a tent manufacturer / rental company), if I wanted to, but there's no place like home.

 I guess that's a good start for now.  Hopefully, if anyone is reading this, they aren't bored to tears or seeing too many spots, unless of course, you too, own a Dalmatian.

No comments:

Post a Comment