Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Today was less than spectacular. I was hit hard by whatever this bug is. I went in to work with Bruce, and got a few things done, but then I had to have him bring me home around 3pm. I took some more Airborne and went to bed.  I didn't get up until after 8pm.  When I first lay down, I was freezing (in Florida, in June, no less).  Diamond likes to be near me, but she will not lay against me. Thankfully, Oliver came and laid down next to me and warmed me up. Bruce got me some soup and Dayquil/Nyquil.  I'm feeling better than I have all day.  I'm hoping this is a quick cold. While I'm not real worked up about my birthday Wednesday, I don't want to be sick.  I wish my body would decide if it's hot or cold though. 

It's funny when you think back about being a kid and birthdays.  At least for me, I always thought there would be some magical transformation when you turned a year older. And when I was young, I thought that at certain ages, you would just know stuff.  How funny is that? I guess I got that from questions answered by adults with "you'll understand when you're older."  For the most part they were right, but I always imagined that at 30, I would just know everything.  Now I know that it's what you go through in life that forms your knowledge base. I've always been a question asker, and an avid reader and tv watcher. It's amazing the stuff you can learn from the "boob tube".  All this stems from my birthday being my 40th. I know it's just another day and just a number. I'm not as upset as I thought I might be a few years ago. I think it's a little harder on some women, who like me, thought they would be married, or have kids or have a career. I have none of those, but I'm ok with that for the most part and well, I DO have kids.  They just have four legs and fur. 

I'm still feeling tired and hoping that this nastiness will pass soon.  I think I'll call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment